We have finally arrived on Friday 03 December and the new traffic light system for the country. And being the Christmas season, Auckland has been allocated Red as our colour- for the foreseeable future.
What does this mean for our Harbour Hockey, the National Hockey Centre (NHC), and our valued Members?
As of today, the NHHA is a Vaccine Required site. Anyone aged 12-years and 3-months and over must provide their Vaccine Pass (or exemption pass) to enter the NHC.
The NHHA is required to adhere to relevant legislation and applicable CPF rules under the Red setting. We have not had a choice in this matter. We administer and facilitate “Organised Community Sport” that is defined as a “Gathering”. And the whole of the NHC being a fully licensed venue inside the fence lines is defined as, “Clubrooms with hospitality offering”. In both scenarios Covid Passes are required to open fully, effectively, and sustainably, providing the safest possible environment for all. Please click here for more information on CPF settings and rules for sports organisations provided by Sport NZ.
We are very pleased to initiate our Return to Hockey plan and get back to competitive Hockey from Monday 06 December. Our Summer Competition can finally get underway!
We are also pleased to have the Village Green open for you to enjoy a cold beverage outdoors in the safe, fresh air with your teammates. We can’t wait to have you all back on site having a chance to play and compete with this additional offering in place.
For the rest of this year, the following applies:
- The National Hockey Centre is closed at all entrances unless for booked use
- Entry to main turfs is via Entry 1, adjacent to north carpark accessed from Gate A
- Entry to H5 is from Jack Hinton Dr Carpark, west pedestrian gate or from main Turfs as above and via pedestrian bridge to H5
- Exit via Gate C only, or for H5 via west pedestrian gate to Jack Hinton Carpark
- It is essential to book all sessions asap with our team in the office
- Staff will be onsite to scan Vaccine Passes for all who wish to enter aged 12-yrs and 3-months or over. No Vaccine Pass = No Entry
- Vaccine Tracing App scanning applies to enter each separate zone within the NHC
- 03 December to 17 December inclusive, we will continue with existing competition bookings – Vaccine Passes are required for all activities held within the NHC
The NHC is closed from Friday 5pm, 17 December 2021 reopening Monday 10 January 2022.
Before the NHC reopening in January 2022, we will provide further guidance or updates if things change.
If you feel unwell, stay home, and consider getting tested for Covid-19.
Facemasks are strongly encouraged (except when playing, eating or drinking) and are required inside the NHC building.
Everyone who enters the NHC is required to scan Covid Tracing Apps (separate from the Vaccine Pass) to enter each separate zone within the NHC.
The only entrance to the site is through the North Carpark (Gate A) where the NHHA team will scan you in. Exit is via Gate C only.
For H5, park in the Jack Hinton Carpark – enter and exit via the west pedestrian gate.
MOST IMPORTANT – to come into the venue when vaccine passes are being checked, you MUST carry proof of your Vaccine Pass, or you will be denied entry. We sincerely hope this process may get easier; in the meantime we will do our best to make this experience as smooth as possible. We only have your safety in mind.
Please familiarise yourself with our Covid-19 Protection Framework Operation Plan, available here.
Chief Executive – North Harbour Hockey Association