4 a-side Boys and Girls – 2021 Information for Summer Hockey
Year 1/2 Fun Sticks to run from 1st Nov to 13th Dec 2021 (7 weeks) on Mondays
Entry Fees: $72.83 per team (GST EXCL). (Full payment on entry)
Account Number 06-0294-0024218-00, ANZ Bank.
Please state Team Name to enable the office to trace your payment.
Entries Open: 6th Sep 2021 – Entries Close: 4th October 2021
Year 1/2 Fun sticks summer competition/programme is to provide hockey to new players aged year 1 and 2.
The primary purpose of this competition/programme is to give children the opportunity to play hockey in a fun, friendly and inclusive environment.
The objective is to introduce players to the game of hockey and to help them develop basic individual skills including grip, dribbling, ball control, passing, receiving, tackling, basic elimination and distribution. Additional team concepts to develop are space awareness, vision and calling.
Please see below important notes regarding the Year 1/2 Fun sticks summer competition/programme (including gender make up of teams):
- Year 1/2 Fun Sticks are played on Monday evenings between 4pm and 5.30pm approx.
- Duration of 30 minutes; comprised of 15 minutes basic skills training with your team and then 15 min game (with 2 minute break)
- There will be a NHHA coach providing support to each Team Coach during the 15 min skill training. Hockey equipment, drill design and technical support will be provided. Your team coach will need to be present for the game and actively
involved for the skills training however NO hockey knowledge or experience is required by the team coach.
- The skill training element is provided to give each child an opportunity to learn basic skills so they feel more confident during the game.
- The role of the adult/Team coach is to help the game retain structure and encourage all players to be involved in the game. Remember that a child scoring a goal will take more enjoyment from the game, than a parent stopping a goal.
- Girls competition – Can include a Maximum of 2 Boys on Field at any one time. If you have 3 or more boys in a team we suggest you enter in the boys grade.
- Boys competition – When you have 3 or more boys in a teamenter into the boy’s grade. No limit to number of girls in this grade.
- Players must be Year 1 or 2 only.
- Junior Hockey 4 aside Rules apply (see website or click here)
- Games must start and finish on time according to the bell.
- Mouth guard, shin pads and stick are compulsory for all players.
- All teams must provide their own umpire and ball.
- Teams must supply an email address as all correspondence is sent via e-mail.
- All draws and points tables will be on the website – www.harbourhockey.org.nz
- Cancellations will be posted on the website by 2pm on day of play.
- Payment of $72.83 (GST EXCL) can be made online to Account Number 060294-0024218-00, ANZ Bank. Please state team name, Ref: Yr. 1/2 for ease of reference. Payments can also be made by Cheque, Eftpos or Credit Card which can be made at the office. Please advise if your school requires an invoice prior to payment.
For further information www.harbourhockey.org.nz
Phone: 09-415-7396 or email email@example.comZ
Rules & Regulations
AGE GROUP: School Y1-2
TEAM: 4 Players on field
FIELD SIZE: 1/8th of a standard turf (22m x 27m approx)
DURATION: 2 x 13 minutes, 1 minute half time (water break)
- Balls: (1 provided by each team)
- Auto Pass: NO
- Goal Keeper: NO
- Penalty Corners: NO
MODIFIED HOCKEY RULES
- SAFETY FIRST: Only play with the flat side of stick
- Ball must stay on the ground, no raised sticks, no hacking on the stick, no physical contact with opponent/ no obstruction
- Ball can not be deliberately be stopped with a foot or kicked, HOWEVER when a ball merely touches a player’s foot play should continue.
- Please note there is no reference to a distance players must be from the ball at free hits, we recommend trying to get the kids to stand at least 2-3m from the ball – use your judgement.
HOW TO START GAME – Game starts with a push forward or back from half way by one team. Each Team must be behind their side of half way.
HOW TO SCORE – A goal is scored from the 5m score zone/line (indicated by blue cones on field. After each goal the team scored against starts with the ball at halfway.
BALL OVER THE BACK LINE: If the ball goes over the backline the defending team always starts with the ball at the 5m blue coned line (no long corners)