Our Under 12 Cubs & Hawklets Development Programme aims to provide young budding hockey players in school years 4-7 the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge of the game.
There have been some changes to the format of this programme for 2021. There will be NO GRADING. All registrations will be taken straight through the Association. We will work with schools to promote the opportunity to all interested players.
We now have a reduced price offering of $199 available till the 28th of August. After this date the programme will close.
- Develop fundamental hockey skills
- Capture a wide range of players with hockey potential
- Keep more athletes developing and improving within our pathway
- Provide an opportunity for specialised and age appropriate development
- Resulting in increased confidence, athleticism and hockey competence
- Participants will have fun, will be challenged, develop, be part of a group and enjoy creating new friendships through connection within our hockey community
- A programme structure that allows for learning and coaches who are capable of teaching skills to allow participant to achieve their definition of excellence
- Development of not only better athletes, coaches, umpires but better people
- 8 x 75 minute Sunday Sessions focused on a specific skill and principle each week, this training structure will focus on;
- the execution of the skill.
- training games focused around the skill
- Matchplay each week
- Each participant will receive a shirt
- Groupings to be done in participants year groups and will be appropriate groupings for the age and stage of each participant
- Festival teams will mix year groups to provide challenges and leadership opportunities
- Festival to be held on Friday 8th of October
- The festival will be game focused
- Neighboring Associations will be invited (We can confirm one association has accepted)
- Coach Ratio 1 Coach to a maximum of 10 Participants
- Each Turf has a lead Coach who oversees the programme coaches and ensures quality of each session