Fun Sticks is our grassroots hockey programme that is designed to give interested and keen kids a chance to have a go at hockey. It is aimed at pre-primary grade players and new entrants. It is perfect for beginners or those with limited hockey experience. Sessions are 1 hour in length and include about 15 minutes of fundamental movements, 30 minutes of hockey drills and 15 minutes of match play when appropriate.
It is $85 for 7 Sessions or participants can try a session for $15 before committing to the full programme.
The Programme is delivered at the National Hockey Centre on the following dates/times:
- Saturday 07 May 9.30-10.30 am
- Saturday 14 May – No Programme (Trans-Tasman Series)
- Saturday 21 May 9.30-10.30 am
- Saturday 28 May 9.30-10.30 am
- No programme – 04 June (Queens Birthday weekend)
- Saturday 11 June 9.30-10.30 am
- Saturday 18 June 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Saturday 25 June 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Saturday 02 July 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Develop basic hockey skills and create an understanding of the game
- Build essential motor and fundamental movement skills
- Skill based activities and small-sided games
- Highly engaging environment that keeps players active and involved throughout the programme
- Sticks are available onsite for new players
- All participants require a mouth guard, shin guards are recommended if you have some.