Fun Sticks is our grassroots hockey programme that is designed to give interested and keen kids a chance to have a go at hockey. It is aimed at pre-primary grade players and new entrants. It is perfect for beginners or those with limited hockey experience. Sessions are 1 hour in length and include about 15 minutes of fundamental movements, 30 minutes of hockey drills and 15 minutes of match play when appropriate.
It is $80 for 6 Sessions or participants can try a session for $15 before committing to the full programme.
The Programme is delivered at the National Hockey Centre on the following dates/times:
- 9.30am – 10.30am Saturday 30 July
- 9.30am – 10.30am Saturday 06 August
- 9.30am – 10.30am Saturday 13 August
- 9.30am – 10.30am Saturday 20 August
- 9.30am – 10.30amSaturday 27 August (NOTE: start time may differ by an hour – due to Club Hockey Finals & turf availability. )
- Programme Break 03 September (Secondary Schools Tournament week)
- 9.30am – 10.30am Saturday 10 September
- Develop basic hockey skills and create an understanding of the game
- Build essential motor and fundamental movement skills
- Skill based activities and small-sided games
- Highly engaging environment that keeps players active and involved throughout the programme
- Sticks are available onsite for new players
- All participants require a mouth guard, shin guards are recommended if you have some.