U14 Cubs & Hawklets Development Programme
Our U14 Cubs & Hawklets Development Programme sees participants receive a quality, accessible and affordable development experience.
We now have a reduced price offering of $270 available till the 28th August and then registrations will close for 2021.
- Develop fundamental hockey skills
- Capture a wide range of players with hockey potential
- Keep more athletes developing and improving within our pathway
- Provide an opportunity for specialised and age appropriate development
- Resulting in increased confidence, athleticism and hockey competence
- Participants will have fun, will be challenged, develop, be part of a group and enjoy creating new friendships through connection within our hockey community
- A programme structure that allows for learning and coaches who are capable of teaching skills to allow participant to achieve their definition of excellence
- Development of not only better athletes, coaches, umpires but better people
- 8 x 90 minute Sunday Sessions focussed on a specific skill and principle each week, this training structure will focus on;
- the execution of the skill.
- training games focussed around the skill
- Matchplay each week
- Each participant will receive a shirt
- Groupings to be done in participants year groups and will be appropriate groupings for the age and stage of each participant
- Festival teams will mix year groups to provide challenges and leadership opportunities.
- Two day festival on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th October – Venue TBC. One day will be at NHC and one will be at a neighbouring Association.
- The festival will be game focused
- Neighbouring Associations will be invited (We can confirm one association has accepted)
- Coaching Ratio of no more than 1-10
- Each Turf has a lead Coach who oversees the programme coaches and ensures quality of each session
- Coach Developers will be present to continuously develop coaches
- Our top coaches and athletes have been made aware of the coaching opportunities and we look forward to having them involved.