Fun Sticks is our grassroots hockey programme that is designed to give interested and keen kids a chance to have a go at hockey. It is aimed at pre-primary grade players and new entrants. It is perfect for beginners or those with limited hockey experience. Sessions are 1 hour in length and include about 15 minutes of fundamental movements, 30 minutes of hockey drills and 15 minutes of match play when appropriate.
It is $60 for 6 Sessions or participants can try a session for $10 before committing to the full programme.
Programme Dates/ times:
- Sunday 22 May 9.30-10.30 am
- Sunday 29 May 9.30-10.30 am
- No programme – 05 June (Queens Birthday weekend)
- Sunday 12 June 9.30-10.30 am
- Sunday 19 June 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Sunday 26 June 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Sunday 03 July 9.30 – 10.30 am
- Develop basic hockey skills and create an understanding of the game
- Build essential motor and fundamental movement skills
- Skill based activities and small-sided games
- Highly engaging environment that keeps players active and involved throughout the programme
- Sticks are available onsite for new players
- All participants require a mouth guard, shin guards are recommended if you have some.